Tuesday, June 12, 2012

WIN'S WAR, my story about a double amputee will be coming out June 21. In San Diego County I'm constantly aware of the men and women protecting our country. Just north of me lies a huge Marine base at Camp Pendleton. South of me the Marines have Air Station Miramar. The Navy has Naval Air Station on Coronado peninsula and a submarine base on Point Loma. Then there is Naval Medical Center San Diego where a lot of my story takes place and the Veteran's Hospital in La Jolla. The Marines are building a huge new hospital at Camp Pendleton. Many of my friends either served in the military or have family members who did. We check the paper and watch TV to get the latest news on what's happening. We just christened a ship named the San Diego and built here. The population in Oceanside swells and shrinks depending on how many troops are deployed from Camp Pendleton. Reading about these brave warriors gave me the idea for a hero who has to overcome more than the usual problems of our heroes. I hope you like and respect Win as much as I do.

4 comments:

  1. Jackie, Very nice cover for a timely and important topic we shouldn't forget. Ann S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice cover Jackie!!!

    Congratulations on the new release!

    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It took a ot of research for the cover artist to come up with this. Jackie

    ReplyDelete